– 1970 Austin Morris Minor 1000 Traveller RHD with attractive wooden rear construction
– right-hand-drive “British Volkswagen”
– celebrity pre-owned (well known comedian)
– low mileage
– vehicle restored at some point
– paint and chrome in good condition
– interior in attractive condition
– optional extras include ventilation system, heating, tuner and a tool pouch
– German registration documents
– valid technical approval until 11/2019 and historic plates
With a production run of nearly 25 years, the Morris Minor has been dubbed the “British Volkswagen”. The small family car with the project name “Mosquito” was designed in secret during the last years of WWII under Alec Issigonis, who later went on to design the Mini, and presented to the public in 1948. Even though some of Issigonis’ more radical ideas were dropped to speed up production and help reduce costs, the Minor was a modern car at its time and the first Morris to feature a monocoque body. Available body styles included 2-door and 4-door saloon, 2-door tourer (convertible) and a station wagon called “Traveller” with an ash wood frame supporting the rear section. As of 1953, closed van and flat-bed versions were also built for commercial use. A major model upgrade in 1952 brought the Minor Series II, and after another facelift in 1956, the Series III was sold as “Morris Minor 1000”. The Minor was the first British car which sold over 1,000,000 times, totalling at over 1,6 million by the time production was halted.
Many Minor components, including chassis and suspension, lived on in the Morris Marina / Ital until 1984.