Mercedes-Benz 200, the dream car of the little man in the 1980s
– white paint and blue interior, all in surprisingly good condition
– German delivery only 2 previous owners and accident-free according to specification
– of course with original 2,0 liter petrol engine, just 108.900 km on the speedometer
– runs smoothly and drives pleasantly, almost like a modern car
– 4 speed manual gearbox
– Regulated catalytic converter retrofitted
– engine and trunk clean and dry
– german registration papers, and historical license plate
Do you know the car only from the back seat? Then you can do something about it here!
Rock solid elegance from Germany
The 123 models were arguably the most successful cars Mercedes ever built. In 1980, the W123 even beat rival Volkswagen, having more registrations than the all-time winner VW Golf. The long delivery time of up to three years had an interesting effect: Young used cars cost more than new ones. A total of almost 2.7 million units were built, with engines ranging from 2.0 to 3.0 litres of capacity and 55 to 185 hp. Almost 50 % of the W123 had a diesel engine fitted – which was the engine of choice for taxi companies all over the world. Cars from this series have the reputation of being extremely reliable and perfectly able to cover distances of 800.000 km and more without breaking down. The W123 series was also the first Mercedes which was available as a factory-built station wagon (the very few wagons of the W114/115 had been licence builds).
Nowadays, these elegant Mercedes have become popular classics. Even the last of their kind can now obtain the historic number plates.