– Top-maintained Jaguar E-Type Series III (LHD).
– Powerful V12 engine with 197 kW (268 hp) with automatic transmission
– European version, first delivery in Germany
– Owned since 2017
– 2+2 seater, black full leather interior including neckrests and center armrest
– Power steering, radio system, autom. antenna
– Chromed spoke wheels 72 spokes with General Tire Grabber UHP 205/70R15
– Replaced engine, valves carburetor and ignition adjusted, high performance radiator
– Total costs more than 13.000 € over the last years, invoices available
– Value appraisal (01/2018) over 86,000 €, condition grade 2+.
– German registration, admission as historic vehicle, production certificate
Charismatic Jaguar that attracts everyone’s attention
The essence of automotive beauty
No other than Enzo Ferrari called the E-Type the most beautiful car ever made, and even if beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, not too many people would have contradicted him since. The debut of the XK-E, called “E-Type”, in 1961 was nothing short of a sensation. Its unrivalled elegant styling was complemented by plenty of power, and all of that at a relatively moderate price.
Over the years, the successful model was modified in several ways: From the spring of 1966 there was a 2 + 2-seater version with an extended wheelbase. In 1967, the headlight covers fell victim to American safety regulations. On the engine side, there were six-cylinder engines with 3.8 and later 4.2 litres, and as of 1971, twelve-cylinder motors to choose from. Production of the compact two-seaters ceased in 1971, the so-called Series III was only offered as a 2+2-seater.
A classic of superlatives, that’s all there is to it.