Rare Mercedes-Benz 350 SLC with manual 4-speed transmission.
– 3.5 liter V8 four-stroke petrol engine with an output of 147 kW (200 hp)
– With the current owner since 2011, total of 5 owners
– Speedometer reading
– Sports steering wheel, sports leather seats in original look
– Electric windows front and rear retrofitted with original parts (documentation available)
– BBS light alloy rims with wider tires registered in the registration documents
– No known damages
– German registration, admission as historic vehicle, valid technical control (MOT) until June 2023
Good general condition with some slight signs of use only
Based on the R107, Mercedes created a sports coupé with the series designation C107, which was first presented in 1971 and marketed as SLC. The SLC’s wheelbase was a full 36 cm longer than that of the SL. The coupé was a 5-seater, slightly heavier than the convertible, but the better drag coefficient made up for that, their top speed was identical. Its distinguishing styling cues were the very large, curved rear window and the slats in the back – born out of necessity in order to fully lower the rear side windows.
There were the M 110 six-cylinder engine, as well as the M 116 and M 117 eight-cylinder engines to choose from. The most powerful version, the 450 SLC 5.0 or, as of 1980, 500 SLC offered 176 kW (240 hp).
The coupé was produced for 10 years – a long time, though considerably shorter than the 18 years of the R107. During this period 62,888 units were built – much fewer than the convertible variant.