Pure-blood and very rare sports car with turbo engine
– High Performance Upgrades
– 5-speed manual sports gearshift
– two owners
– unwarranted 13,600 mls on the odometer
– Classic Data expertise 2017 (2+)
– air conditioning
– power windows and side mirrors
– targa roof recently renewed
– sports suspension, modified brakes
– New: wheel set, oil pipe, battery
– Owner’s manual and different invoices available
– a real British sports car with racing car genes
– valid technical control (MOT) until 02/2023
Cutting Wedge, made in England
This highly special mid-engine sports car reached a construction period of no less than 28 years, however, during that long time, a meagre 10.500 vehicles rolled off the assembly line. The exotic state was a built-in! Just eight to nine Esprit per year were newly registered in Germany over the last years of construction.
Lotus is known for its extreme lightweight construction, which already goes back to the founder Colin Chapman. Early Esprit models weighed just under a ton, and even later specimens, equipped with V8 engines, tipped the scales at 1.4 tons, thanks to a fibreglass body on a steel backbone chassis. The acceleration is therefore considerable, even with the four-cylinder variants, and the extreme wedge shape with a height of less than 1.12 m makes it a real looker.
For its fans, the Esprit has been, and continues to be, an uncompromising driving machine of the purest kind.