The BMW M635 CSi is one of the fastest four-seaters of its time
– One of only 5855 built
– 3.5 L six-cylinder petrol engine with 286 hp and a 5-speed manual gearbox
– 3 owners, decommissioned since 2005 + jacked up in a dry garage
– Air conditioning, central locking, power windows + side mirror, heat-insulating glass
– Original Radio / CD, ABS, auxiliary heating, headlight washer system, alloy rims
– EBS Breyton side skirts + rear bumper
– German registration
– A real “Bavarian Express” with collector’s value and enormous potential for increase in value
A high-revving straight six engine, standard drive, and all packaged in an equally expressive as well as timeless coupé shape: Hardly surprising the BMW 6 Series (E24) met with enthusiastic buyers for over 13 years, longer than any other BMW.
Upon its presentation, the design anticipated the styling of the future 7 Series (E23). Inside, there is the driver-related cockpit – a 70s novelty at BMW – with the center console turned slightly towards the driver. Otherwise, the upper-class coupé boasts lush luxury, since the 6 Series was designed for a comfortable ride. And that is not at all contrary to a sporting performance, least of all with the more powerful engines of the 635 CSi.
The 6 Series has the reputation of easy maintenance and its engines are said to be virtually indestructible. For this reason, this BMW is well placed for a second spring as a classic that is fit for everyday use.