– Mercedes-Benz 230 CE from the C123 series
– olive green metallic paintwork, a true early 1980s favourite
– originally delivered to France
– M 102 E23 engine with Bosch K-Jetronic, the most fuel-efficient petrol engine of the C123
– automatic gearbox
– beige interior in good condition with appropriate traces of use for a 36 year-old car
– slight parking damage front and rear
– repainting apparent in some places, some rusty spots require attention
– French registration documents
The 123 models were the most successful cars Mercedes ever built. In 1980, the W123 even beat rival Volkswagen, having more registrations than the all-time winner VW Golf. The long delivery time of up to three years had an interesting effect: Young used cars cost more than new ones.
The coupé was derived from the sedan and was presented in 1977. Its shorter wheelbase made it look more sturdy and sportive. All coupé models featured broad halogen headlights.
For every 24 limousines, Mercedes produced only one coupé, which is why the C123 was very early considered an eligible classic. Its high production quality makes it a very reliable vehicle, even today. In Germany, Mercedes sold them with four or six cylinder petrol motors, while clients in the US could also choose additional diesel models.