– attractive Series III Jaguar E-Type in rare colour, primrose yellow
– originally delivered to the US, only two owners from new
– imported by its current owner in 1992, in the same possession for 25 years
– mighty V12 engine with 197 kW (268 hp) of power, mated to automatic gearbox
– 2+2 seater, black full leather interior, complete with neckrests and centre arm rest
– well-kept state of preservation with the right degree of patina for a 45 year-old vehicle
– power steering, air conditioning (currently not working) and CD radio installed
– runs on beautiful spoke wheels in good condition
– gearbox renewed, paint blemishes repaired, all four carburettors overhauled
– around € 9,000 invested in the course of the last year alone, invoices available
– German registration documents, valid technical approval until 06/2019 and historic plates
– extremely charismatic Jag that catches people’s eyes wherever you go
No other than Enzo Ferrari called the E-Type the most beautiful car ever made, and even if beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, not too many people would have contradicted him since. The debut of the XK-E, called “E-Type”, in 1961 was nothing short of a sensation. Its unrivalled elegant styling was complemented by plenty of power, and all of that at a relatively moderate price.
Over the years, the successful model was modified in several ways: From the spring of 1966 there was a 2 + 2-seater version with an extended wheelbase. In 1967, the headlight covers fell victim to American safety regulations. On the engine side, there were six-cylinder engines with 3.8 and later 4.2 litres, and as of 1971, twelve-cylinder motors to choose from. Production of the compact two-seaters ceased in 1971, the so-called Series III was only offered as a 2+2-seater.
A classic of superlatives, that’s all there is to it.