– Mercedes-Benz 250 SL – the “Pagoda” W113 series
– 6-cylinder engine with a displacement of 2.470 cm³, 150 hp 4 speed manual transmission
– Originally delivered in Europe, exported tothe U.S. and then reimported to Europe again
– Vehicle restored and repainted in original color 090G
– Transmission, axles + steering overhauled and new sealed
– Engine completely sealed, new injection pump with injectors
– New soft top in black
– Interior in blue leather in mint condition
– Equipped with the popular features of its era: Becker radio and analog clock
– Blue hubcaps perfectly matching the hardtop and the interior
– Chrome and wooden parts in good condition
– Dashboards as good as new
– German registration, admission as historic vehicle, valid technical control until 03/2025
The Pagoda – a design classic par excellence!
When presented at the Geneva Motor Show in 1963, the W113 had the difficult task of replacing two models at a time, the 190 SL as well as the 300 SL. A task that was almost equivalent to the quadrature of the circle, but was solved brilliantly. Because of its smooth surfaces, the spacious interior and the absence of decorative elements, it came across as very “masculine” and made the predecessors with their rounded styling look outdated.
It was available as 230 SL (1963-1967), 250 SL (1967) and 280 SL (1968-1971), built with either manual or automatic transmission, to a total of 48,912 vehicles. Because of its slightly concave hardtop, available as an accessory, it was nicknamed Pagoda.
The W113 was suitable for any occasion – be it for the opera, the golf course or the small shopping – and the main thing: it looked good on you!