Jaguar E-Type, British sports car legend and design icon
– 5.3 L V12 carburetor engine with 197 kW (268 hp) with automatic transmission
– Delivered to British-Leyland in New York in September 1973
– 1 owner in Germany only
– Since 1997 with the current German owner
– Power steering, air conditioning, car radio Blaupunkt Sevilla RD 125 W
– Jaguar Heritage certificate available
– Chromed spoked wheels with 72 spokes
– In the last 4 years about 35,000 € invested in maintenance, service and technology (ignition, brakes, exhaust, electrics, chassis ecc.). Documentation + invoices available
– German registration and admission as historic vehicle
Well-maintained English roadster with only a few minor blemishes
The essence of automotive beauty
No other than Enzo Ferrari called the E-Type the most beautiful car ever made, and even if beauty is always in the eye of the beholder, not too many people would have contradicted him since. The debut of the XK-E, called “E-Type”, in 1961 was nothing short of a sensation. Its unrivalled elegant styling was complemented by plenty of power, and all of that at a relatively moderate price.
Over the years, the successful model was modified in several ways: From the spring of 1966 there was a 2 + 2-seater version with an extended wheelbase. In 1967, the headlight covers fell victim to American safety regulations. On the engine side, there were six-cylinder engines with 3.8 and later 4.2 litres, and as of 1971, twelve-cylinder motors to choose from. Production of the compact two-seaters ceased in 1971, the so-called Series III was only offered as a 2+2-seater.
A classic of superlatives, that’s all there is to it.