– one of the last of its kind: BMW 635 CSi from 1989, last year of production run
– comparatively little traces of use given the 171,000 mls on the odometer
– tinted windows, sunroof, trip computer, electrically adjustable seats
– airbag and original radio with CD changer also on board
– complete with original toolkit and full-size spare tyre
– Classic Data appraisal over € 21,500 in 2016 (condition 2-)
– recently all engine fluids renewed, battery renewed
– technical approval until 05/2017
– can be a daily driver, perfectly suitable for the long haul on the freeway or cruising about town
A high-revving straight six engine, standard drive, and all packaged in an equally expressive as well as timeless coupé shape: Hardly surprising the BMW 6 Series (E24) met with enthusiastic buyers for over 13 years, longer than any other BMW.
Upon its presentation, the design anticipated the styling of the future 7 Series (E23). Inside, there is the driver-related cockpit – a 70s novelty at BMW – with the center console turned slightly towards the driver. Otherwise, the upper-class coupé boasts lush luxury, since the 6 Series was designed for a comfortable ride. And that is not at all contrary to a sporting performance, least of all with the more powerful engines of the 635 CSi.
The 6 Series has the reputation of easy maintenance and its engines are said to be virtually indestructible. For this reason, this BMW is well placed for a second spring as a classic that is fit for everyday use.