– 1952 MG TD in classic colour combination
– red paintwork and black leatherette interior
– imported from the US
– 1250 cc 4-cylinder engine with 40 kW (54 hp)
– canvas top with traces of wear, but in working condition
– typical boot-mounted spare wheel and four side screens included
– beautiful wooden steering wheel and centre armrest
– Classic Data appraisal values this car at € 37,800 (condition 2+; 2016)
– German registration documents, valid technical approval until 02/2020 and historic plates
The 4th generation of MG’s T Midget series was presented in 1949. The TD became by far the most successful of them all, with 29,664 vehicles built over 4 years, the large majority of which were exported to the US. It marked a great technical advance over the predecessor, using the chassis from the Y type sedan, which had independent suspension with coil springs. On this, the tried-and-tested TC’s drivetrain and the recognisable T-type style body were fitted. The result was a car that was both traditional yet up-to-date. It was also slightly larger and the 1250 cc OHV inline-4 cylinder engine now delivered 40 kW (54 hp).
Due to the popularity of this car, plenty of replicas were built after production of the original T series ended in 1955.