– range-topping Mercedes-Benz 560 SL from the R107 series
– US delivery, re-imported in 2016
– eligible for historic plates
– beautiful colour combination of dark blue paint and beige leather interior
– car has been repainted
– matching dark blue convertible top
– climate control, cruise control, power windows and antenna
– clean Carfax
A pearl for the overseas market – now she’s coming home!
The Mercedes Benz R107 roadster series, unveiled in 1971, became the convertible with the highest production numbers of any SL, with over 237,000 units built over 18 years, which also means the longest production-run of any Mercedes-Benz passenger car series ever.
The 560 SL (1985 – 1989) was conceived as an export model for the American, Australian and Japanese market and never officially offered in Europe. The 5.6 litre eight-cylinder engine (M 117) was created by lengthening the stroke of the 5.0 litre V8, it produces 170 kW (231 PS).
Only the Best “Made in Germany” for the States – the SL 560 US versions were shipped from the factory “fully loaded”. The only additional equipment on the options list was a seat heating.