– BMW 325ix (E30), always registered in Germany
– salmon silver metallic (BMW colour code 203) with shadowline trim
– reportedly accident-free and matching numbers vehicle
– surprisingly well-kept interior, much better than the mileage would have you expect
– power sunroof, air conditioning and CD-radio
– detachable towbar
– runs on original BMW E30 alloys
– German registration documents and valid technical approval until 06/2019, eligible for historic plates
– a future classic suitable as daily driver and for winter rallyes
BMW’s 2nd generation of the 3 series, the E30, replaced its popular predecessor in 1982. With its straight lines, Claus Luthe – who had penned the timeless NSU Ro 80 – created a car that perfectly catered to the taste of its era. The handsome and well-built cars with their wonderfully smooth engines were originally available as 2- and 4-door sedans. In 1985, BMW added a convertible, and in 1987, a station wagon named “Touring” completed the lineup.
The 325 iX, available as of 1985, introduced four-wheel-drive to the 3 series. Diesel- and Turbo-Diesel models were offered as of 1985 (324 d) and 1987 (324 td). Motorsport enthusiasts’ dream was of course the M3 with up to 175 kW (238 hp) of power. In total, 2,339,520 units of the E30 series were built, nearly doubling the figures of the preceding E21.
35 years after its presentation, the E30 is already fast becoming a sought-after classic. It is getting exceedingly difficult to find a well-preserved, original specimen – simply because many have suffered dearly at the hands of a financially inflexible clientele of 3rd and 4th hand owners attraced by the racing qualities of the E30 3 series.