– 1984 Mercedes-Benz 230 E from the W123 series
– delivered and always registered in Germany
– 100 kW (136 hp) inline 4-cylinder engine with manual gearbox
– unwarranted mileage of only 49,000 km
– white paintwork and blue leatherette interior
– heatable rear window
– period correct Blaupunkt Coburg Stereo cassette radio on board
– Classic Data report from 2019 certifies a replacement value of 15,500 €.
– convincingly good state of preservation inside and out
– service booklet
Rock solid elegance from Germany
The 123 models were the most successful cars Mercedes ever built. In 1980, the W123 even beat rival Volkswagen, having more registrations than the all-time winner VW Golf. The long delivery time of up to three years had an interesting effect: Young used cars cost more than new ones.
The coupé was derived from the sedan and was presented in 1977. Its shorter wheelbase made it look more sturdy and sportive. All coupé models featured broad halogen headlights.
For every 24 limousines, Mercedes produced only one coupé, which is why the C123 was very early considered an eligible classic. Its high production quality makes it a very reliable vehicle, even today. In Germany, Mercedes sold them with four or six cylinder petrol motors, while clients in the US could also choose additional diesel models.