-Elegant and very well maintained Mercedes-Benz CL 500 of the C 215 series
– 2 owners only
– 5.0 litre V8 engine with 225 kW (306 hp) and automatic transmission
– Exterior paint in silver metallic with black leather interior
– Power seats with memory function and heating
– Burl wood finish (steering wheel + dashboard)
– Heatable multifunction steering wheel, cruise control and navigation system
– Power blind on the rear window
– 17″ light alloy rims
– Summer + winter tires available
– Service booklet and owner’s manual available
– Classic Data Appraisal 2022
– German registration documents
Mercedes-Benz’s second generation of the CL class debuted in 1998. It was based on the current S class sedan from the W 220 series, which had been released one year previously. For the coupe, the wheelbase was shortened by 20 cm, and only the top end of the range engines were made available. The “base model” – a term totally out of place for this type of luxury coupe – already cost more than 200,000 DM and got a full 225 kW (306 hp) out of 5.0 litres of displacement. At the top end, power was doubled to a whopping 450 kW (612 hp) from a 6.0 litre twin-turbo V12 in the CL 65 AMG, which boasted no less than 1,000 Nm of torque. Needless to say, the interior used the finest materials and the car was equipped with state-of-the-art technology. such as Distronic cruise control, light and rain sensors, bi-xenon headlights or voice control for navigation and cellphone commands. Like the W 220 S class, the C 215 featured the new active body control suspension system, which automatically chooses the ideal damper setting in every driving situation.
Until 2006, when the C 216 was ready to relace it, 47,984 units of the luxurious coupe were built.