– Year of construction 1991, the last year of production
– only two owners from new
– unwarranted mileage of only 63.000 km
– exterior painting in primal green and green leather interior
– leather steering wheel
– Power windows
– Sports seats
– Power steering
– Becker Bavaria C Business Radio
– vehicle inspections and services from BMW, according to the service booklet
– timing belt changed at 61.814 km in July 2019
– timing belt for doors changed in 2021
– very well maintained vehicle with minimal signs of use
– German registration documents
For an even more “open air” driving feeling, you’d need a motor-bike!
The BMW Z1, presented at the Frankfurt car fair In 1987 and produced from 1989 to 1991 in a limited small series of only 8,000 units, is a first-rate eye-catcher, which is mainly due to its exciting body with retractable doors. They make getting into the car a bit of a challenge for less mobile citizens, however, they allow for a convertible feeling of a lifetime, for they may even stay down while driving!
The Z1 was a technology demonstrator with distinctive features such as the front mid-engine, the completely, in one piece, galvanized chassis, the body parts made of thermoplastic material or fibreglass and the completely smooth underbody.
The extremely stiff chassis combined with the 170 hp six-cylinder make the Z1 a driving machine that turns each serpentine route into a feast for the senses.