– black and beautiful Porsche 911 Turbo (930)
– originally delivered to the US, re-imported in 2007
– restored in Germany
– black leather interior renewed and in fine condition
– skillfully re-painted in black
– no visible traces of accident damage
– air conditioning, sunroof and power windows
– runs on bi-colour (black / silver) Fuchs alloy wheels
– condition 2+ according to Classic Data appraisal (2017), replacement value of € 135,000
– German registration documents, valid technical approval until 11/2019 and historic plates
– a Porsche Turbo like it should be
It is based on a legend, and became a legend in its own right. The Porsche 930, better known as the 911 Turbo, was not only the fastest serial production sports car in Germany when it entered the market in 1975, but also the first production sports car in the world that made use of an exhaust gas turbocharger. It owes its existence to homologation regulations but quickly became a cult car, topping the Porsche range and attracting wealthy customers all around the world.
The models offered up to 1977 had a 3.0 litre engine which produced 191 kW (260 hp), almost 25 % more than the contemporaneous 911 Carrera. In 1978, an intercooler was added and the displacement increased to 3.3 litres. Power output reached 221 kW (300 hp).
Targa and convertible variants of the 911 Turbo are rare due to the fact that they were only added to the lineup in 1987 – and they came with a hefty price tag: A 911 Turbo Cabrio cost around DM 22,000 more than a Turbo Coupé and almost twice as much as a Carrera Coupé!
All 930 models prior to 1989 came with a 4-speed manual gearbox, only for the last year of its production, a 5-speed gearbox was introduced, which lived on in the successor, the 964 Turbo.