Super rare MG F in good condition
– Special series “Silverstone”, one of 100, was delivered exclusively in Switzerland
– 146 hp from a 1.8L inline four cylinder with Variable Valve Control (VVC)
– Manual gearbox
– First delivery in Switzerland
– Imported to Germany and taxes cleared
– Brown leather interior in combination with black sport leather steering wheel
– Power windows, power mirrors, air conditioning
– Radio with display
– 2008 at approx. 93,000 km the cylinder head gasket was replaced.
– 2012 at 136.200 km timing belt and water pump were renewed
– Hardtop available
– A beautiful mid-engine roadster to have fun with
MG manufactured sports cars until the late 1980s. In the following years from 1982 to 1991, only sporty compact cars and sedans from Rover were marketed via MG.
In 1994 the design was finalized and series production was prepared. The official market launch in Great Britain was in September 1995, while the vehicle was only available in Germany a few months later. When the model was launched, only one engine with 120 hp was initially available. Later in 1996 a version based on the same 1.8-liter Rover four-cylinder with 146 hp and variable valve timing followed.
A facelift version of the F was available from 1999. Most noticeable was the redesigned interior with a modified speedometer dial with now digital kilometer display, as well as redesigned seats and door panels, while the F remained almost identical from the outside.
For the first time, an automatic transmission was now also available with the 115 hp Step Speed model version.